If you want to speed up processing or just try different effects on your photos, this article is for you. First of all, what is a preset? It's a special set of filters for correcting light, color, and detail and enhancing photos in general.
This is your choice if you need to edit your photos quickly and beautifully. For such purposes, the developers created a variety of presets for Lightroom, so everyone can find the right one. Go to Skylum's website and choose the right one!
The main advantages of presets:
- A huge variety of special effects.
- Free and paid versions.
- Very handy and light interface.
- Many sources, including photographers, the Internet, or off-the-shelf apps.
- Possibility to correct an already prepared preset, for example, to make it lighter or add shadows or details (this option is only available in applications).
- You can create presets yourself.
- In the end, you will get the best photo that you can possibly imagine.
The prices of some collections can be considered the only drawback. But this is probably due to their enormous popularity and content. Otherwise, you'll have a lot of fun editing your photos.
How To Use Presets?
This is how you add presets:
- First, make sure you have a licensed version of the program on your computer. Free is good, but licensing and getting all features is better.
- Open the application.
- Select "File" and then "Import Profiles and Styles".
- A window will appear in front of you. Select the folder where your saved XMP or Lrtemplate preset is located.
- Double-click on it and you're done. The preset will be added to your styles.
Now the styles you like are in your program. The only thing left to do is to add your photo and edit it.
If you haven't done this yet and don't know how to process an image with your new preset, a new tutorial awaits you below.
How to use and edit a photo with a preset:
- Click on "Add Photo". A window will appear. Select the folder where your image is located. Select the one that you would like to edit.
- Select "Edit" when the photo is loaded in the main window.
- You will be presented with a menu of light adjustment options. Select "Styles".
- Find the one you downloaded specifically for the photo. Select it and you're done. The preset will be applied to your photo.
It's pretty easy, just like the program itself. Finding something among a pile of bright, delicate, monotonous presets is the only difficulty that awaits you.
Of course, if for some reason you don't like Lightroom, there are plenty of alternatives. For example, Luminar Neo, Movavi, Photoshop, and so on.
Many of the editors are now so advanced that you can do just about anything in them. What are the best presets for Lightroom that you can add to your collection of favorites? The choice is yours!
Best Spring Presets
Good presets for Lightroom that might come in handy this spring:
- Old Film Simulation. This collection is perfect for simulating the effects of 35mm film. The collection includes black and white presets. You can also choose between creamy tones and vivid colors. And the cinematic effect only enhances the beauty of the end result.
- Master Collection. This collection is designed to turn your landscapes into works of art with just a few clicks. Experiment with colors and lights to get the result you want. It's not cheap, but it's worth every dollar.
- Dramatic Panoramas. This collection is perfect for those who love mystical and profound photos. They are perfect for landscape photography. You can change the atmosphere, make it clearer, and experiment with colors.
- City Break. If you don't want to travel close to nature and choose the city, then this set is for you. Capture the busy streets of the city, detail some elements, and add brightness. It's all about capturing the beautiful sights, people, food, and whatever your heart desires.
- Family Portrait. This collection is relevant all year round. However, it looks especially beautiful and warm in spring. Its special feature is the beautiful toning effect that highlights and brings out the beauty of all your family members in the photo.
- Seasons of Light. This set of presets for Lightroom can be called the most versatile and suitable for everything. This is a collection of varied presets that will enhance any of your photos: dark, daytime, or low contrast. What your photo will look like is entirely up to you. It can be warm, soft, dark, gloomy, rich, reddish, or glaucous. Everyone will find the right fit.
- California Blue. This set is designed to cool down and express the depth of your image with a blue hue. Brighten up. These presets are perfect for landscape and portrait photography.
This list could go on forever, but why? Spring is coming and gloomy or fall collections are out of place. So, you need to find a collection that you love.
Buy Lightroom for your set, and start creating magic. And now that you've seen how much fun and charm it has to offer, isn't it time to give it a try?