Today, the world is in its globalization phase and everything is going digital. Our everyday life is bombarded with applications and websites. If you look closely at it, you would find that almost everything in our life is a software product.
Ranging from websites to a simple alarm clock to binging videos on YouTube - everything is a web application.
But who makes these applications and how are they made? Well, without a doubt the answer will be Full-Stack Developers.
Full-stack developers handle both back-end and front-end work and make these websites & applications, that eventually make our life a bit simpler.
If you also wish to become a full-stack developer, then applying to a course will be the first step. Full Stack Java Course will help you gain the necessary knowledge and skills that will make you a successful full-stack developer.
In this article, we will delve deep into the roadmap of becoming a full-stack developer. So, let us begin by knowing what full-stack developers are.
What Are Full-Stack Developers?
The applications that we use in our everyday lives are created by web developers. To understand the full-stack developer, let's first see its two components, i.e., Front-end developers and Back-end developers.
- A front-end developer is responsible for taking care of the user’s experience and visual effects of the application and website.
- A back-end developer is responsible for maintaining the technology that is required to keep the website running.
A professional who undertakes the tasks of both frontend and backend developers is known as a full-stack developer.
Full-stack developers are experts at building web applications and websites. They are proficient in web programming languages like HTML, CSS, JAVA, SQL, etc.
Many companies hire full-stack developers because they have expert knowledge and skills of both frontend and backend developers. This helps them save time and costs.
How to Become a Full-Stack Developer?
Full-stack developers are high in demand in the software and IT industry. Be in small businesses or large industries - full-stack developers are needed to take care of the process of web development.
Here’s how one can become a full-stack developer.
- Apply for a Bachelor’s degree in computer science. This will help you understand certain concepts related to full-stack development.
- Secondly, in order to become a full-stack developer, it is essential to gain proper knowledge. Apply for a full-stack Java course. In the course, you will learn about the necessary programming languages and acquire relevant technical skills to become a good full-stack developer.
- Gain practical knowledge after you have had complete knowledge in full-stack development. Having practical exposure will help you understand the architecture of web applications and hone your coding abilities.
Technical Skills/ Languages Required to Become a Full-Stack Developer
Any profession you go for requires a set of technical and soft skills. The same is the case with full-stack developers. A full-stack developer requires a certain skill set. Here they are:
I. Frontend Languages
1. HTML & CSS
HTML and CSS are popular frontend languages. HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language. The language includes colorful images, texts, paragraphs, headings, etc., whenever a user visits the website.
On the other hand, CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. This language is used to change the text and style it according to the user’s wish. The main purpose of CSS is to make web content appear more user-friendly and attractive.
For a full-stack developer, JAVA is the most important language that needs to be learned. JAVA is a client-side programming language that helps increase the quality of user interaction. This language helps full-stack developers to create responsive web pages.
Git is an open-source version control system that efficiently manages the changes made to documents, frameworks, websites, etc. Git allows web developers to track the modifications done to web applications. Being well-versed in Git will help full-stack developers in the long run!
SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is a domain-specific language that handles and manipulates data stored in RDBMS (Relational Database Management System). Being well-versed in this language will help full-stack developers efficiently manage the database systems.
II. Backend Languages
PHP works across various platforms ranging from Unix to Windows. It is a highly compatible backend language that every developer must know.
Python is an easy-to-use and easy-to-learn programming language with an easy-to-understand syntax. The syntax is usually in English.
III. Other technical Skills and Languages
A full-stack developer must:
- Know how to work with JSON and XML.
- Have a proper understanding of NoSQL databases.
- Have adept knowledge of web storage.
- Know relational and non-relational databases.
Soft Skills Required by Full-Stack Developers
Apart from the technical skills, there are some soft skills as well that a full-stack developer must have. They are:
- Strategic planning
- Problem-solving skills
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Organizations skills
- Collaborative skills
Roles and Responsibilities of a Full-Stack Developer
- As a full-stack developer, one is required to develop Frontend websites and interactive user interfaces via the use of HTML, CSS, JAVA, etc.
- One will be responsible for designing backend web applications and websites as well.
- A developer also needs to ensure that websites and applications are compatible with operating systems like Linux, Windows, etc.
- As a full-stack developer, one has to create APIs in order to fetch data from the server.
- The apps and websites that are made must have a consumer-centric approach.
Tools Required to Become a Full-Stack Developer
Apart from becoming adept in various web development and programming languages, there are certain tools that are required by full-stack developers. Here they are:
1. Ruby on Rails
Ruby on rails is open-source and client-based software that primarily runs on Ruby. This software works on the MVC framework and includes all default options that are used for building web applications and websites backed with databases.
Django is a web framework written with the help of Python. It is an open-source web framework that offers rapid development of code used for server scripting. Django works on model-template architectural patterns and is one of the most common tools required by a full-stack developer.
SQL is used by RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) for undertaking various projects and operations. It is one of the most commonly used databases that run various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc. MySQL helps in storing the data in tables, columns, rows, etc.
Another tool required by full-stack developers is MongoDB. This database is meant for modern developers who do not require SQL. It helps in securing confidential data of the company. MongoDB comes in the cloud version as well.
Full-stack development is one of the popular courses taken up by candidates to get recruited in top companies across the globe.
Considering the rapid pace at which apps and websites are used and developed, signifies the fact that full-stack developers are indispensable.
If you are looking forward to creating a successful career in this field, then applying to a full-stack Java course will be beneficial for you.
You can take up this online certification and acquire the necessary knowledge and skills. So, what are you waiting for?
Take the step in the right direction and begin your journey as a full-stack developer by applying for the certification courses.