HTML IntroductionHTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is the language used to create web page documents. There are a few versions of HTML in use today: HTML 4.01 is the most firmly established and the newer, more robust HTML5 is gaining steam and browser support.
HTML is not a programming language it is a markup language, which means it is a system for identifying and describing the various components of a document such as headings, paragraphs, and lists.
Example of Simple Webpage
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>This Is a Simple Webpage</title> </head> <body> <h1>This is a Heading</h1> <p>This is a Paragraph</p> </body> </html>
Here is the result of above code this is how your webpage looks like when you run the code in your browser.
This is a Heading
This is a Paragraph
- HTML documents are described by HTML tags
- Each HTML tag describes different document content
- <!DOCTYPE html>defines the document type and HTML version current version of HTML is 5 and it makes use of the following declaration.
- <html>defines starting of an html document.
- <head>it is the document header which consist of many tags like <title>,<meta> etc.
- <title>it defines the title of the webpage.
- <body>it has the contents of webpage tags like <p>,<h1>, div>,<a> etc.
- <h1>represents the heading.
- <p>represents the paragraph.
Simple Webpage Structure
<html> <head> Document header related tags </head> <body> Document body related tags </body> </html>