Last Updated : Jan 1, 2023
So, let us see the most preferred way which we are going to use below in our codes to sort an array of objects. There are many types to sort arrays like:
- We can sort array w.r.t the string
- And we can also sort array w.r.t the number present in the array.
- At last, we can also sort array w.r.t date at which it is created or updated. (This is for database purposes)
In this article, we are going to sort arrays according to the string present in the array whereas the next methods will be discussed in the next session.
- In previous tutorials, we already many times create a full code example in which we first create an HTML form with its basic structure. We use HTML, head, title, body, and script tags inside that structure.
- As, here we see that we create an array, the array name given in our codes is data. Inside each value of the array, we create a first name, last name, and age. And in this article, we are going to sort the arrays according to the first name. You can also sort according to the last name but the method remains the same. The sort according to the numbers will be shown in the next session.
- Now, inside our codes after creating an array we use the sort function to sort arrays. Then we convert our names into lowercase and compare them. Then our if runs and the data get consoled according to the condition. You can see the output inside the console of the browser.