Remove Duplicates From Array PHP
Last Updated : Jan 1, 2023
IN - PHP
In this tutorial we will show you the solution of remove duplicates from array PHP, here, duplicates from an array means to remove duplicate values from an array.
So, this tutorial we are going to understand how to remove duplicate values from an array or duplicates from an array.
Usually, there are many examples with help of which we can remove duplicates from an array.
So, let us see the example given below to see how to remove duplicates from an array.
Step By Step Guide On Remove Duplicates From Array PHP :-
Now, here in this article we are going to use array_unique() function. Which is used to remove duplicate from array using PHP.
Now, before understanding about array_unique function that how it works in PHP codes, etc. Let us see the syntax first know about this function.
Here from above, array_unique is the name of the function which we are going to use. And it uses two parameters, first one is array which is required and another is sorttype which is optional.
So, now let us see how to use this function to remove duplicates from an array.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title> remove duplicates from array using PHP </title> </head> <body> <h1> TalkersCode </h1> <h2> Remove duplicates from array using PHP </h2> <?php $arrays = array("Audi", "Mercedes", "Audi", "Rolls Royce"); print_r(array_unique($arrays)); $a=array("a"=>"Java","b"=>"Python","c"=>"Python"); print_r(array_unique($a)); ?> </body> </html>
- As, here we see that we that in above example we show you an example in which HTML and PHP codes are used.
- Here, first of all, we create a basic structure of HTML, in which we use <!DOCTYPE html> which defines the type of document. And next one is our HTML tags. These tags are paired tags and all the data regarding HTML is written inside these tags.
- After we use our head tag which is again paired tag and contains the title and meta information of the webpage. The data written inside the head is not shown on the webpage.
- Now, next is the body which is the main tag of HTML. The data which we have written inside the body is shown on the webpage. Mostly all tags which are helpful to show data or information on the screen are written under the body tag.
- Now, as we see inside the body we write our PHP codes. These codes are started with <?php and end with ?>, these tags are known as basic PHP tags. Our PHP codes are always written under these interfaces. In our above example as we see inside this basic structure of PHP.
- As, we above see that we above give two examples. The first one is with help of simple array means indexed array whereas in another example we use associative array. In both example we see that we store data inside a variable and then use array_unique on that variable to remove duplicates from an array.
- As, result when we see the results our duplicates values get removed, you must have to use this example practically to see how this function works to remove duplicates.
At last, in conclusion, here we can say that with the help of this article we can understand how to remove duplicates from array using PHP.
I hope this tutorial on remove duplicates from array PHP helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.