Redirect WordPress Page To Another URL htaccess
Last Updated : Jul 1, 2023
In this article we will show you the solution of redirect WordPress page to another URL htaccess, when a page on your WordPress website has been relocated or updated, you can use a redirect to send viewers to a new location automatically.
This is comparable to how the post office reroutes your mail when your move.
Numerous redirect types, including those with the numbers 301, 302, and 307, are available.
When attempting to view a page that doesn't exist, they instantly redirect your user's web browser to another URL.
Whenever a page on the site or your entire website has moved and you want to guide users to the new page, you should use a 301 redirect.
By doing this, all of the traffic and backlinks from your previous page are moved to the new one.
Step By Step Guide On Redirect WordPress Page To Another URL htaccess :-
- Installing and setting up with AIOSEO Pro plugin for your website is the first step. Please see our detailed instructions on setting up All in One SEO properly for more information.
- You must visit Everything in One Search engine optimisation » Redirects on the WordPress dashboard after the plugin has been activated and click the 'Activate Redirects' button.
- Then, you can choose "PHP" as that of the Redirect Method by clicking the "Settings" tab.
- Redirects can be made using this approach, which is the easiest and doesn't need any server-side settings.
- You can choose the Web Server redirect mechanism with AIOSEO as well. However, it necessitates setting up NGINX or Apache on your web server. This calls for technical expertise, thus beginners should avoid it.
- You can now start making 301 redirects. Go to the "Redirect" page to get started.
- The link you want to redirect must first be entered inside the Source URL area. The new location for the link should then be typed into the Target URL column.
- Click the "Add Redirect" button after confirming that Redirect Type is "301 Moved Permanently."
- Simply select "Add URL" from the drop-down menu next to the Sources URLs field if you wish to redirect numerous URLs to the new location.
- You can then scroll down to see the redirects you've created's logs. Under the "Hits" column, it displays the number of users who visited a redirected URL and offers a toggle button to enable or prevent specific 301 redirects.
As a result, we have successfully learned how to redirect wordpress page to another url htaccess.
The One in One Search engine optimization (AIOSEO) WordPress plugin is the easiest way to manage and produce 301 redirects.
Over 2 million experts use it as the finest SEO plugin in WordPress to increase the SEO of their websites.
I hope this article on redirect WordPress page to another URL htaccess helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.