Python Remove Special Characters From String
Last Updated : Jul 1, 2023
In this article we will show you the solution of python remove special characters from string, the removal of a character from a string may sometimes be necessary while programming in Python.
If you're removing unwanted characters from user-generated input, removing characters from strings will be helpful.
It is possible to specify which character(s) you want removed from the string using either of the two methods.
You can replace a character with any value you specify with either method. A character that is empty will be removed without being replaced if you specify an empty character instead.
The original string does not get changed when using these methods since strings are immutable.
In both methods, the characters you want to remove are removed from the string, instead of returning a modified version.
Python programmers are often faced with the problem of removing unwanted characters from a string.
Sometimes, however, the requirement may be far higher, requiring the removal of more than 1 malicious character.
It may be possible to reconstruct valid passwords with these special characters, as well as many other applications.
Deleting the undesirable characters from of the string is therefore necessary.A specific character can be replaced using str.replace().
It is possible to substitute an empty string for that specific character if we want to remove it. If one or more occurrences of the specific character are found, the str.replace() method will replace them all.
Step By Step Guide On Python Remove Special Characters From String :-
import string import re sample_str = "Test&%%$$$#$%-+String" pattern = r'[' + string.punctuation + ']' sample_str = re.sub(pattern, '', sample_str) print(sample_str)
- The first step is to import a function as an import string.
- The str.replace() function makes it possible to replace a specific character using a specific value. An empty string can be substituted for that specific character if we wish to remove it.
- All occurrences of the specified character will be replaced when str.replace() is used.
- Then, a regex pattern is created to match every special character in the string.
- Our next step is to remove any special characters from the string. In cases where you need to clean up and remove unwanted characters from user-generated input, removing characters from strings can be useful.
- The removal of only one character in a string or even all characters in a string may be necessary.
Python does not permit changing strings, in contrast to other programming languages.
This file's contents cannot be altered.The original string can be transformed into a new one using only selected characters from it.
Once this new string has been created, we can assign it back to the original variable.
The string will appear to have had unwanted characters removed from it since it has been modified.
I hope this article on python remove special characters from string helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.