Python Open File Directory Path
Last Updated : Jul 1, 2023
IN - Python
In this article we will show you the solution of python open file directory path, the purpose of this tutorial is to teach you how to open a file in Python. Binary files, text files, and CSV files are all examples of files containing data.
In Python, there are built-in functions that allow you to open files, read and write their contents, and extract data from them.
As part of the open() function, the access mode parameter refers to what we intend to do with the file after it has been opened or the purpose for which we are opening it.
Following are the different characters that are used to describe the different file opening modes in Python.
We will now discuss the idea of how to open a file directory path in python with example.
Step By Step Guide On Python Open File Directory Path :-
#python program to check if a directory exists import os path = "TalkersCode" # Check whether the specified path exists or not isExist = os.path.exists(path) if not isExist: # Create a new directory because it does not exist os.makedirs(path) print("The new directory is created!")
- In the os module, imported from the module package, you can easily access the file system.
- We define a variable path which stores the name of the directory we want to check for.
- The os.path module is used to manipulate file paths and its properties.
- We store the boolean value returned by the os.path.exists() method in a variable called isExist.
- We use an if condition to check if the path does not exist.
- If the path does not exist, we use the os.makedirs() method to create a new directory with the given name path.
- Finally, we print a message to inform the user that the new directory was created successfully.
As a result, we have successfully learned how to open a file directory path in python.
Python provides you with several ways to work with files and directories, as we discussed today.
Python directories can be created, renamed, and deleted with these commands.
You can also traverse them, and check if a path exists. When reading or writing to the file, or performing various operations on it, we must know its path; otherwise, we will receive an error.
Assuming that you are working in a directory, and you need to change a file located in that directory, you will need to know the relative path.
I hope this article on python open file directory path helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.