Python Import Function From File
Last Updated : Oct 19, 2023
In this article we will show you the solution of python import function from file, developers can use Python, a high-level interpreted language with simple syntax. Despite its simplicity, Python offers reliable tools and utilities for creating extremely scalable and complicated programs.
Python enables us to use modular programming, where we may create independent logic and import it into different program sections.
Let's start by defining that function in order to comprehend how to import and call a function from another file in Python.
Python gives us the option to import a particular module's function. Even if you just have one function, this may seem superfluous, but it has advantages to importing all of the functions from a module.
We will now discuss the idea of how to import functions from a file in python with an example.
Step By Step Guide On Python Import Function From File :-
from scipy.integrate import quad # Defining a simple function def f(x): return x**2 # Performing numerical integration integral, error = quad(f, 0, 1)
- The code performs numerical integration of the straightforward function f(x) = x**2 using the quad() function from the scipy.integrate package.
- The lower limit of integration (f), higher limit of integration (f), and function to integrate are the three arguments for the quad() function.
- The quad() function produces two values: an estimate of the result's absolute error (error) and the integral's estimated value (integral).
- In this illustration, the function f(x) = x**2 is being integrated by the code over the range of 0 to 1. The variables integral and error are used to store the outcome.
import pandas as pd from numpy import mean # Use pandas to load a CSV file into a DataFrame df = pd.read_csv('data.csv') # Use numpy to calculate the mean of a specific column average = mean(df['column_name'])
- The necessary libraries, pandas and numpy, are first imported.
- Next, we import 'data.csv', a CSV file, into a DataFrame using the pandas package. The variable df stores the dataframe.
- The mean of a particular column in the DataFrame is then determined using the numpy module. Change "column_name" in the code above to the actual name of the column whose mean you want to compute. The variable average stores the mean value.
As a result, we have successfully learned how to import functions from a file in python with an example.
We were successfully saw how simple and crucial it is to import functions and modules in the aforementioned tutorial. importing a complete module, with all of its features.
I hope this article on python import function from file helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.