In this article we will show you the solution of python get hostname from URL, the networking-related applications available in Python are numerous. As a method of communication with other users on your network, developers regularly use it.
Therefore, the hostname in Python is needed for these communications.The hostname is the name provided to a device to identify it on a local network.
In essence, hostnames allow machines connected to a network to speak with one another.
This article will show us various applications for the Python get hostname function. We will now discuss the idea of how to get hostname from url in python with an example.
Step By Step Guide On Python Get Hostname From URL :-
import urllib.parse import sys url = sys.argv parsed_url = urllib.parse.urlparse(url) print(parsed_url) print("Host name: ", parsed_url.netloc)
- Import the required libraries, including urllib.parse for URL processing and sys for command line argument access.
- To get the URL from a command line parameter, use sys.argv (assuming the URL is given as the first argument).
- Using urllib.parse.urlparse(), the URL may be parsed.
- Specify the parsed URL in the parsed_url variable.
- To view the specifics of the parsed URL, print the parsed_url result.
- By using the netloc attribute of the parsed_url object, print the host name of the URL.
# python program to get the hostname # by the IP Address in Python using the # socket.gethostbyaddr function # importing the socket module import socket ls = socket.gethostbyaddr("0.0.0.0") print(" The answer returned by 'socket.gethostbyaddr' for the IP Address '0.0.0.0' is = ",ls) print("The Hostname of the server is = ", ls)
- The socket module, which offers access to multiple networking interfaces, should be imported.
- You can find the hostname connected to the specified IP address by using the socket.gethostbyaddr() function.
- The socket.gethostbyaddr() function should receive the IP address "0.0.0.0" as an input.
- Put the returned value into the "ls" variable.
- Print the response that the socket provided.the gethostbyaddr() function for "0.0.0.0" as an IP address.
- Using ls, access the first item in the "ls" list to print the server's hostname.
As a result, we have successfully learned how to get hostname from url in python with an example.
Using the window.location object is the fastest and safest approach to get the domain name from the current URL.
I hope this article on python get hostname from URL helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.