PHP Round To 2 Decimal Places
Last Updated : Jul 1, 2023
IN - PHP
In this article we will show you the solution of PHP round to 2 decimal places, in php you can round decimal points as your wish with the help of effective inbuilt methods.
Here we are going to round two decimal places through round() method.
One more thing, to achieve this result several more methods left in php.
Based on input it return the result to you to get two decimal places we should provide 2 as input at the right place.
To obtain result you need to follow correct pattern or inbuilt rules that discussed below with sample code.
Step By Step Guide On PHP Round To 2 Decimal Places :-
Foremost step you need to define a variable to store a sample float number, you can define with any number of decimal places.
Then round() method used with main input and requirement of decimal place count.
In this chapter you need to pass ‘2’ as static second parameter of round() method. The right syntax is shown below follow it without change,
round(input variable name, 2);
It will return the input with two decimal places and round off that can be any float or double type input.
<?php $num=5.3467; $res=round($num,2); echo 'Input Number : '.$num.' Round 2 Decimal Result : '.$res; ?>
- A php script can be placed anywhere in the document. A php script starts with <?php and end with ?>.
- The default file extension for php files is “.php” and php statements end with ‘;’ semicolon. In php we need to specify ‘$’ symbol before the variable name also default rule.
- In the sample code, first we defined variable ‘$num’ to store input or sample float value ‘5.3467’. This float value ‘5.3467’ is not mandatory to give as its, modify as per your wish.
- Defined round() method with two parameters, (name of input variable-$num,2-deciaml place count). If you modified 2 with any other integer respectively decimal had float output you will get as end of result.
- To avoid doubt with the help of echo statement printed result in detail manner, refers to gave input and gets 2 decimal round off answer that lead you to understand clearly and verify the use of code.
- Instead echo() you can prefer print() method if you want and that not going to affects your result. Still some type of input exist you can try those along with it to master your mind in this concept.
In conclusion, hope now you know how to round two decimal places without flaws.
When you work with php we need to create and process php files at server location and then we need to start the server before execute the program.
Otherwise sometimes you will get error so ensure it if you get any error while running output.
When we execute this program on browser it will print ‘Input Number : 5.3467 Round 2 Decimal Result : 5.35 as output.
With this help of sample code you can test all types of float variables and decimal places count.
I hope this article on PHP round to 2 decimal places helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.