In this tutorial we will show you the solution of PHP generate unique id for MySQL, there is a difference between unique id in MySQL and unique id in PHP.
We can create a unique id in database for MySQL. Whereas in php there are many ways to create a unique id
Today, we are going to use php unique number for MySQL. Let us understand.
Step By Step Guide On PHP Generate Unique Id For MySQL :-
Here, mainly there are many ways with help of which we are able to generate a unique id in php and we can use it later for MySQL. Let us see how to generate a unique id in php.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>php generate unique id for mysql </title> </head> <body> <?php // first way $uniqueCode = md5(uniqid(rand())); echo $uniqueCode; // second way echo uniqid(); // third way echo uniqid(rand(), true); ?> // this are ways to generate a unique id. // we have to store these inside a variable and then use it in mysql query </body> </html>
- First, we write <! DOCTYPE html> which we used as an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML file is written in.
- Secondly, the <html> tag is used to indicate the beginning of an HTML document.
- As above now <head> tag is used to contain information about web page. In this tag a <title> tag is used which helps us to specify a webpage title. Both <head> and <title> tags are Paired tags. So, both have </head> and </title> ending tags respectively.
- Here, then we create a body tag. All the content which we want to show on browser’s screen or display is always written inside this codes.
- Here, as you see that we describe three ways to generate a unique id in php. These all are discussed already in our previous articles. For an instance, these all are used to generate a unique id in php.
- The first one is most used method because of its randomness and security purposes. Whereas other methods are also used for specific purpose.
- Now, all these methods are used to generate id. Now, our job is to insert it into MySQL. For this purpose, we will use insert query of MySQL. This is insert into tablename(id) values($variable);
- Hence, this is the way with help of which we can use this unique id for MySQL. For this we have to we only have to store the unique id into a variable. Then use this variable in query inside values. We hope that you understand this article properly.
- At last, the <body> and <html> tags are closed with </body> and </html> respectively.
At last in conclusion, here we can say that with the help of this article we are able to understand how we are able to generate random string of fixed length using php.
I hope this tutorial on PHP generate unique id for MySQL helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.