jQuery Get Selected Option Text
Last Updated : Apr 27, 2023
IN - jQuery
In this article we will show you the solution of jQuery get selected option text, using the val() method: A val() method is really a built-in jQuery method utilized to return or modify the value for attributes for such selected items.
A HTML Select DropDownList or a Button are the only elements of the following HTML Markup. The jQuery OnClick event handler has been assigned to the HTML Button.
In the <script> tag, we link jQuery and enter this code. You can create a separate file by downloading the jQuery file.
The choose boxes and dropdowns can be used to retrieve that value of a selected item using the jQuery select value function. To do this, jQuery provides two methods: text() and val().
To find the value for such a selected item in a pick box or dropdown, combine the jQuery: selected selector with val() or text() methods.
We may get the value that needs to somehow be transmitted to the server using the val() function and even the text values of such chosen elements using the text() method.
Step By Step Guide On jQuery Get Selected Option Text :-
<html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> <title>jQuery Get Selected Option Value</title> </head> <body> <form> <label>Select Your Age:</label> <select class="age"> <option value="Child">6 - 17</option> <option value="Adult">18 - 49</option> <option value="Old">50 - 70+</option> </select> </form> </body> </html>
- To get started, we need to write <HTML>, which tells the browser what version of HTML we're using. HTML documents contain tags as their first element.
- For the project's heading, use the head> tag. Unlike the closing brackets at the end of the sentence, the title and closing brackets are both open. A step-by-step style sheet, also known as an external style sheet, appears on a webpage depending on the URL or path.
- The next step is to create the font size and weight.
- Closing is the next step.
- Closing the script completes the process.
- Afterward, we add the body tag, which describes the content of the webpage. Writing content for a website takes place here.
- Then we create a form using select and option method.
- After that we close program using </select> </form></body></html>
To obtain the value of a selected option, one of the many library methods provided by jQuery uses the selected selection in conjunction with the val() method.
I hope this article on jQuery get selected option text helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.