Last Updated : Jan 1, 2023
Now, let’s understand the article with the help of codes.
As, there are many methods with the help of which we can complete this article. As there are many ways to done this.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="ie=edge"> <title>home page</title> </head> <body> <div id="parent"> i am main or parent div <p> paragraph </p> <div id="a"> div a is here </div> <div id="b"> div b is here <div id="b1">Grandson div b1 is here</div> </div> <div id="c"> div c is here</div> <h4> headings </h4> </div> <script> var child = document.getElementById('parent').getElementsByTagName('div'); for (i = 0; i < child.length; i++) document.writeln(child[i].innerHTML); </script> </body> </html>
- First, we write <! DOCTYPE html> which we used as an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML file is written in.
- Secondly, the <html> tag is used to indicate the beginning of an HTML document.
- As above now <head> tag is used to contain information about web page. In this tag a <title> tag is used which helps us to specify a webpage title.
- Both <head> and <title> tags are Paired tags. So, both have </head> and </title> ending tags respectively.
- Here, then we create a body tag. All the content which we want to show on browser’s screen or display is always written inside this codes.
- Here, we create a main div with id parent, and inside this parent we create some divisions, paragraphs and headings also.
- Now, our task is to get child elements with tag name. The div that we create inside main div has id’s with some values.
- At last we use for loop to print all elements that we get with help of tag name.
- At last, the <body> and <html> tags are closed with </body> and </html> respectively.