How To Take Input From User In PHP
Last Updated : Jan 1, 2023
IN - PHP
In this article we will show you the solution of how to take input from user in PHP, a PHP code entered into the shell is directly executed and the output or error messages are displayed if there are any errors.
A PHP program reading input from the PHP console is shown in the following example
A GET and POST operation both create an array (e.g., array (key1 => value1), array (key2 => value2), array (key3 => value3)). The array consists of key/value pairs, where keys represent form controls and values represent user input.
The $_GET and $_POST variables are used for GET and POST requests, respectively.
The superglobals are available from any function, class, or file, regardless of scope - no special code is required to access them.
Through the URL parameters, the current script receives an array of variables called $_GET.
Through HTTP POST, $_POST holds an array of variables that are passed to the script at runtime.
Step By Step Guide On How To Take Input From User In PHP :-
<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html> <body> <form action="welcome.php" method="post"> Name: <input type="text" name="name"><br> E-mail: <input type="text" name="email"><br> <input type="submit"> </form> </body> </html>
- In our first step, we write <HTML>, which tells the browser what HTML version we're using. Documents in HTML begin with tags.
- Using the <head> tag, we will explain the project's heading.
- To define the body of the webpage, the <body> tag is used. This is where we write all the content on our website.
- Then we use <form id=" form" tag for creating a form in the program.
- Then we use input type = submit for submit value.
- After that </form></body></html> and code should be executed after closed all tags.
The URL displayed in a GET request allows everyone to see the information sent from the form (all variable names and values are displayed).
The amount of information you can send with GET is also limited. A character limit of approximately 2000 characters applies. Despite this, you can bookmark this page since the variables are displayed in the URL.
Some cases may benefit from this. I hope this article on how to take input from user in PHP helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.