How To Open A File In Python With Path
Last Updated : Jul 1, 2023
IN - Python
In this article we will show you the solution of how to open a file in python with path, specifying the file path, choosing the file mode, and then carrying out the appropriate activities are some of the processes involved in opening a file in Python.
Python offers a number of file modes, R stands for read mode, which opens the file for reading.
There is a reported error if the file doesn't exist. The file is opened when writing in the "w" or "write" mode.
If the file doesn't already exist, one is created. The file is shortened and overwritten if it already exists.
A writing mode is enabled for the file in a- add mode. If the file doesn't already exist, one is created.
The end of the file is updated with the new information if the file already exists. Exclusive creation mode x opens the file for writing.
An error is raised if the file currently exists. In binary mode, which applies to non-text files like photos and audio files, the file is opened.
Text files are opened in text mode, which is what they are called. Now move to the concept that how to open a file in python with path.
Step By Step Guide On How To Open A File In Python With Path :-
file_path = "data/tk.txt" with open(file_path, "w") as file: file.write("Hello, world!")
- As can see that we have written the Python code that open a file with a path in this place.
- This piece of code opens the "tk.txt" file in write mode and writes the phrase "Hello, world!" to the file.
- The file is closed automatically when the code block has been run using the with statement.
- In order to open a file in Python, you must first give the file's location. Directory and file names are included here.
- The file in the aforementioned example is present in the working directory because the file path was given as "example.txt" in the code.
- If the file is in a subfolder, we can either specify a path relative to the working directory currently selected or the file's absolute path.
- The second step is choosing the file mode, which specifies why the file is opened.
- Using text mode ("t") and write mode ("w"), we opened the file in the aforementioned example ("t"). This allows us to edit the file by adding text.
- Making the necessary changes to the file is the last step. The write() method can be used to insert text while writing to a file.
- The write() method was used in the example above to write the string "Hello, world!" to the file.
- It is best practise to close the file once the desired operations have been completed. You can achieve this using the close() method.
- As an alternative, we can employ the with statement, which immediately shuts the file following the execution of the code block.
Hence, we have successfully acquired the knowledge necessary to open a file in Python using a path.
We also discovered that in order to open a file in Python, the file path, file mode, and requested operations must all be specified.
We can successfully open and write to a file in Python by following these steps.
I hope this article on how to open a file in python with path helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.