How To Get Category Name In WordPress
Last Updated : Jul 1, 2023
In this article we will show you the solution of how to get category name in WordPress, you may quickly sort material on your website using categories. Also, they make it easier for people to find material and are beneficial for SEO.
Using categories & tags is likely already a part of running a WordPress website, albeit you might not be making the most of them.
You can quickly group your content under different subjects using categories and tags.
Also, properly used categories & tags can significantly boost your WordPress SEO. You can add descriptions to your categories in WordPress.
If you establish categories when composing a post, you might not have seen this since you cannot include a description using that approach.
Choosing between using the theme's default homepage or building a custom homepage is your first step.
The page which the theme is meant to utilize as your site's homepage by default is known as the Default Homepage.
This layout may be seen in the theme preview. More customization over this default homepage will be available with some theme types than others.
Any published page can be designated as your homepage when you create a custom homepage. Using categories and tags, you can rapidly organize your content into various subject areas.
Additionally, correctly utilized categories and tags can greatly improve your WordPress SEO.
WordPress allows you to give your section descriptions. Since you cannot contain a description with that method, you might not have noticed this if you create categories when writing an article.
Step By Step Guide On How To Get Category Name In WordPress :-
- You must first visit the Posts >> Categories page. Entering the name and description of a new category is as easy as clicking the "Add new category" button after doing so.
- Click on the "Edit" option located under the relevant category if you wish to add a description to an existing one.
- By doing so, you'll be directed to a category edit screen, where you can give your category a description.
- Do not even forget to click "Update" to preserve your changes.
- For add descriptions to every one of your categories, repeat the process. The similar process can be used to add tags' descriptions.
As a result, we have successfully learned how to get category name in wordpress.
WordPress's ability to divide your posts into categories is one of its most potent features.
You can group related posts together using categories.
I hope this article on how to get category name in WordPress helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.