How To Convert INT To List In Python
Last Updated : May 25, 2023
IN - Python
In this article we will show you the solution of how to convert int to list in python, there is a common problem in programming that involves interconversion of data types.
It is sometimes necessary to convert a single number to a list of integers, but it may not be worth it to write several lines of code for it.
This makes it important to have shorthand’s for doing this task.
The digits in variable num are iterated over using the str() function after the num variable has been converted to string data type.
Using the int() function, every iteration converts the digit to an integer data type, and the integer is added to the list.
We will now discuss the idea of how to convert int to list in python with example.
Step By Step Guide On How To Convert Int To List In Python :-
from functools import reduce # initializing number num = 2023 # printing number print("The original number is " + str(num)) # using reduce method to convert number to list of integers res = reduce(lambda acc, x: acc + [int(x)], str(num), ) # printing result print("The list from number is " + str(res))
- In this case, we import the reduce function from the functools module.
- Upon initializing the variable num, we set the value 2023 as the number we want to convert to a list.
- In this example, we use the print() function and the + string concatenation operator to print the original number.
- Reducing a number to a list of integers is accomplished using the reduce() function. Three arguments are required by the reduce() function: a lambda function (in this case, we define a lambda function that takes two arguments, acc and x, and returns a list containing acc and x), an iterable object (the str() function converts our number into a string, which can be iterated over), and an accumulator starting value (in this case, an empty list .
- Our number is represented as a string, and reduce() iterates over each character, adding up a list of integer values in the accumulator for each character.
- A list of the resulting values can be printed using the print() function and the string concatenation operator +.
As a result, we have successfully learned how to convert int to list in python.
The purpose of this guide is to explain how to convert data types in Python.
Strings can be converted to integers in Python using the int() function, while integers can be converted to strings using the str() function.
It is possible to convert integers to floats using float(), and floats to integers using float(), although data loss may occur if you do so.
In addition to string conversion, other functions allow string conversion to array formats such as lists, tuples, and set formats.
I hope this article on how to convert int to list in python helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.