How To Change Website Name On WordPress
Last Updated : Apr 17, 2023
IN - WordPress
In this article we will show you the solution of how to change website name on WordPress, the company plan may need to be changed as companies expand into new markets or start offering new goods and services.
This includes matching the value of your brand to your domain name. A domain name is a website's distinctive address that also serves as a readable address and serves to reflect your brand.
In light of this, the domain ought to convey the aims and objectives of your brand.
A WordPress website consists of two main components: databases and website files.
You should create a complete backup of your entire website before moving its contents to the new domain.
The hPanel panel allows Hostinger’s users to restore and back up their WordPress websites in a single click through the one-click restoration and backup feature.
WordPress plugins are also available that allow you to create a backup in just a few clicks.
Thankfully, changing your domain name is indeed a simple procedure. Before making any significant changes, back up your website.
By doing this, you'll be able to recover your website in the event of an error. If not, you run the risk of losing any of your data & having to start over.
Step By Step Guide On How To Change Website Name On WordPress :-
- Go to Website > Add Website on the left sidebar of your hPanel.
- Next, choose Skip, and at the bottom of the page, build a blank website because we'll simply copy and paste all website files later.
- From the drop-down option in the Select a Domain section, select the domain name you just bought. Select is then clicked.
- Enter the contact information for the domain's owner. You can create a new domain owner profile by following the steps if you don't already have one.
- Once you're done, return to the hPanel dashboard. A warning stating the domain is not associated with Hostinger’s may appear. This is typical because it takes time for DNS changes to spread.
As a result, we have successfully learned how to change website name on wordpress. Databases and website files make up the two main parts of a WordPress website.
So, create a complete backup of your entire website before moving its content to the new domain.
We provide a one-click restoration and backup method for users of Hostinger’s who utilize shared hosting and cloud server shared hosting to back up their WordPress websites through the hPanel panel.
As an alternative, you may create a backup with only a few clicks using a number of WordPress plugins.
The most well-liked options include BackWPup, UpdraftPlus, and VaultPress.
I hope this article on how to change website name on WordPress helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.