How To Add Keywords In WordPress
Last Updated : Jul 1, 2023
In this article we will show you the solution of how to add keywords in WordPress, using meta keywords & descriptions will help your website rank higher in search engines. Traffic, leads, and revenue to your company will all rise as a result.
You may provide search engines with more information about the content of your posts and pages by using keywords and descriptions.
Important phrases or words that are probable for individuals to search for in order to find the content are known as keywords.
A meta description gives a sufficient overview of the content of your post or page.
HTML meta tags include meta keywords & meta descriptions. They are an element of the header code for your website.
Visitors cannot see them on the page or in a post. These can be utilized by browsers and search engines, though.
You might be wondering, like the majority of WordPress users, if adding meta keywords or meta descriptions can raise your site's SEO standings.
Step By Step Guide On How To Add Keywords In WordPress :-
- It is necessary to install and activate the Yoast SEO plugin initially.
- Yoast SEO can be downloaded through the company's website, the WordPress Repository, and your admin dashboard.
- Go to Plugin » Add New on your dashboard and type "Yoast SEO" to have Yoast installed immediately. It is available for activation via the plugins page.
- The Yoast SEO configuration wizard can be used after installation and activation.Every step involved in installing the plugin for your website must be explained to you.
- We can work on those meta elements after you're done configuring Yoast!
- Include an emphasis word, Go over to your WP-Admin then locate the desired post,category, or page just on the left-hand side. For instance, click Posts > All Posts and choose one to update the post's keyword or meta description.
- After installing Yoast SEO, a box ought to appear underneath the body of your article.
- On the "Keyword" page, you can customize your focus term. Once you have done so, Yoast will offer some edit recommendations, like putting that keyword into your H2 subheadings. If you adhere to them, your search results will rapidly rise.
- You will need to manually add meta keywords if you want to do so because Yoast now longer supports them because many search engines disregard them or don't rank them as a result of overuse. To discover how add meta keywords on your site, scroll down to read the second approach in this post.
- Provide a meta description. A preview of your article's Google snippet should be visible on the same "Keyword" tab. You can change your page's title as well as its meta description here. Use it to create a brief, readable text using useful, pertinent keywords.
- Consider it to be a pitch. Your objective is to persuade anyone who views your Google search result to click and view it.
- And that's how Yoast SEO allows you to add focus keywords & meta descriptions. Check out the blog and knowledge base of Yoast to learn more about the plugin's other helpful features.
Although search engine optimization specialists typically advise providing a suitable meta description or keywords for the on SEO optimization, search engines don't fully disclose how much weight you attach to these elements.
Search engines frequently employ meta descriptions. They show up underneath the title of your content in Google search results, with the search term highlighted in bold.
I hope this article on how to add keywords in WordPress helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.