In this tutorial we will show you the solution of frameset rows and cols in HTML, in HTML, today our topic is about frameset. If you don’t know frameset, don’t worry.
With the help of frameset you are able to divide the webpage in as many divisions you want. A tag named as frame is used under this tag to divide page.
The important thing is the divisions or frames, shows different pages and this is done with the help of URL’s. This means that there is no any dependency on one other. The frames will work their own.
Step By Step Guide On Frameset Rows And Cols In HTML :-
Now, here as we know frameset is a parent tag and there is one more tag which is frame acts as child tag, which is used as many times as you want.
But there is one more question, is the page divides vertically or horizontally. Hence, the answer is you can divide your page in any way.
For horizontally division, you have to divide in rows. Whereas in vertical you have to choose columns. Now, there is an example given below to show you how you are able to divide your webpage vertically or horizontally.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title> Title of the document<title> /head> <frameset cols="50%,50%"> <frame src="demo1.html"> <frame src="demo2.html"> </frameset> <noframes> <body> your browser does not support frameset </body> </noframes> </html>
Now, there is another example in rows also:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title> Title of the document<title> /head> <frameset rows="50%,50%"> <frame src="demo1.html"> <frame src="demo2.html"> </frameset> <noframes> <body> your browser does not support frameset </body> </noframes> </html>
- First, we write <! DOCTYPE html> which we used as an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML file is written in.
- Secondly, the <html> tag is used to indicate the beginning of an HTML document.
- As above now <head> tag is used to contain information about web page. In this tag a <title> tag is used which helps us to specify a webpage title. Both <head> and <title> tags are Paired tags. So, both have </head> and </title> ending tags respectively.
- Here is something special for you. Today, you not have to create body after head close.
- Here, we create frameset tag in both examples and after this we uses frame, which is a singular tag. And in this we give URL of other files in source attribute. After this we create noframes tag, because if your browser does not accepts frames then this tag comes into work.
- Now, in first example we use cols whereas in other we use rows this is used to divide the page vertically or horizontally respectively.
- After this we give values like in percentages. The number of values are equal to number of frames used in frameset. This is used to give particular width or height to particular frames. We hope that you understand the concept of frameset.
- At last, the <body> and <html> tags are closed with </body> and </html> respectively.
In conclusion, here we want to say that we not complete our topic, this is your start in frameset, so we will publish more article on rows and cols of frameset. I hope this tutorial on frameset rows and cols in HTML helps you.