Find Substring In String Python
Last Updated : Jul 1, 2023
In this article we will show you the solution of find substring in string python, Python's in operator provides the easiest and most powerful way to determine whether a pythonic string contains a substring.
Two arguments are evaluated to determine if they are members or not with the in and not in operator.
The two arguments they take are the same. In this case, boolean values are returned by the functions.
This method, which is efficient compared to the contains method, can also check if an item exists within a list.
The only thing you can do with the in method in Python is to determine whether a string contains a substring.
Alternatively, if you want to calculate the index of the substring, you can use the next solution.
The substring check is used in every programming language to determine whether a string contains a substring. Python's "in" operator, which acts as a comparison operator, is the simplest and fastest way to determine whether a string contains a substring.
Checking whether a string contains a substring also can be done with Python methods such as find(), index(), count(), etc.
We will now discuss the idea of a find substring in string python with example.
Step By Step Guide On Find Substring In String Python :-
names_list = ["Amruta", "Harry", "Ron", "Luna"] q_str = "mit" substr_exist = next((True for name in names_list if q_str in name), False) print(substr_exist)
- Checks are made to see if an element is a substring of another string. As far as the first line is concerned, it creates a list of strings for a variable named 'names_list'.
- This line creates a string variable, q_str, which you'll use in the next line.
- To test if q_str is a substring of any of the strings in the list, a generator expression is used in the third line. Generator expressions will return True if the condition is true. The function will return False otherwise.
- In the fourth line, we find out what the value of substr_exist is.
- A substring will be returned if the program returns the string that contains the substring input. This function can be used if you have a list of strings and want to find a particular string among them.
- By creating a new list, result, from the names_list, the code example produces a result. In the list comprehension, each name in names_list is checked to see if the string, q_str, is a substring. If it is, then that name is added to the new list, result.
As a result, we have successfully learned to find substring in string python.
Our goal in this tutorial was to learn about the different methods available in Python for checking if a string contains substrings.
You may choose an appropriate function based on your requirements since each of these methods has its own pros and cons.
I hope this article on find substring in string python helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.