Last Updated : Apr 9, 2023
Each time, exporting data using the custom export option makes it possible to download the table's data list in an Excel file or CSV format for usage offline.
I had to perform that on several real projects as a web developer. Excel format is the best for exporting data to files in businesses.
The majority of the time, we exported data using PHP employing server-side methods to Excel.
Nearly all web applications that handle data have an Excel export option that is quite helpful.
The data list can be downloaded as just a file format of offline use with the help of the export feature.
- We begin by including the title for the web page in the HTML & Head elements of our code.
- Then, we link the CSS stylesheet for Bootstrap in our code. Then we begin the script.
- The data from the HTML table is then converted to an Excel spreadsheet using the exportTableToExcel() function, which also requires the table id and file name.
- Then, we define several variables with the values getelementbyid, tablehtmldata, and downloadurl, datafiletype, etc.
- Next we make a download link element after specifying the file name.
- After that, to navigate the data or file, we employ the if else statement.
- Next, we specify the file name & activate the function before creating a link to a file name.
- At this point, our script comes to an end and the body of the code, which contains the div class container, begins.
- Next, the table is created with the appropriate class and ID.
- We enter some random information such as name, email, age, and mobile number into that table.
- Next, we design the button whose onclick event executes the exporttoexcel method.
- DIV, BODY, and HTML tags serve as the last code tags.
We also learned that the best format for exporting data into a file is Excel.
PHP's server-side technique is typically used to export data to Excel.
The web application is user-friendly thanks to the client-side export functionality.