Download PDF File Using Angularjs
Last Updated : Jan 1, 2023
IN - Angular JS
In this tutorial we will show you the solution of download pdf file using angularjs, here we are makes downloading document link available in same frame and using ‘href’ attribute we can provide wants to download document path information then using ‘download’ attribute we can download designated pdf file with another name of we provide in ‘download’ attribute.
Step By Step Guide On Download Pdf File Using Angularjs :-
In our application we need to create download link in anchor tag. For that we used ‘target’ attribute, this is used to specify whether the submitted result will open in new tab, new frame or new window.
In anchor tag ‘href’ attribute used for link wants to download document path information so we can open pdf document on the same frame with download option so we can download easily then to be downloaded document name will we sets by ‘download’ attribute.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>DOWNLOAD PFD</title> </head> <body ng-controller="ctrl" ng-app="myapp"> <a target="_self" href="down/sam.pdf" download="exm.pdf">Download</a> </body> </html>
- <!DOCTYPE html> tag which is instruct the web browser about what version of HTML file written in and it’s not have any ending tag.
- The<html> tag is used to indicate the beginning of HTML document.
- As above shown <head> tag is contain information about webpage and external file links are declared here. <title> tag is used for set the webpage title.
- Both <head> and <title> tags having their pair end tag, so we need to close the ending tags respectively. If you’re not closed anyone of ending tag properly that is also affect the webpage result.
- <body> tag is beginning of main coding part because it contains coding of entire website blocks and elements described here. In angularjs we need’s to define our application and controller using directives of ‘ng-app and ng-controller’ with respective values ‘myapp and ctrl’.
- Here we defined <a> anchor tag with attributes ‘target,href,download’ using them we makes link of document to be downloaded as we given name.
- Both </body> ,</html> tags closed respectively. </body> tag indicates the end of body, Then </html> tag indicates the end of HTML document.
In conclusion now we are able to know how to download pdf file using angularjs.
When we executing angularjs file some of those needs internet connection because we had been used some external library supports so we need to use internet connection when you’re facing problems.
In our program when user executing on browser it will display ‘Download’ link use that we can download our designated pdf file and also we can download any documents like (.docx,.txt,.etc) use this method.
I hope this tutorial on download pdf file using angularjs helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.