Date To Timestamp PHP
Last Updated : Jan 1, 2023
IN - PHP
In this tutorial we will show you the solution of date to timestamp PHP, generally, there are many functions with help of which we can understand the conversion of date to the timestamp in PHP.
Let us understand the ways with help of the example given below.
Step By Step Guide On Date To Timestamp PHP :-
Now, the ways which we are going to understand in this series are:
- With help of format() function
- With help of getTimestamp() function
- With help of strtotime() function
In this tutorial, we are going to understand the first way which is the format() whereas the rest will be discussed in the next session.
So, let us understand the use of the format() function with help of the codes given below. Before starting let us see the syntax of the format() function first.
$Object->format("U"); <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title> date to timestamp in PHP </title> </head> <body> <h1> TalkersCode </h1> <h2> Date to the timestamp in PHP </h2> <?php $object = new DateTime('2002-11-07'); $dateToTimestamp = $object->format("U"); echo "The date to timestamp is $dateToTimestamp using PHP ."; ?> </body> </html>
- As, here we see that we that in above example we show you an example in which HTML and PHP codes are used.
- Here, first of all, we create a basic structure of HTML, in which we use <!DOCTYPE html> which defines the type of document. And next one is our HTML tags. These tags are paired tags and all the data regarding HTML is written inside these tags.
- After we use our head tag which is again paired tag and contains the title and meta information of the webpage. The data written inside the head is not shown on the webpage.
- Now, next is the body which is the main tag of HTML. The data which we have written inside the body is shown on the webpage. Mostly all tags which are helpful to show data or information on the screen are written under the body tag.
- Now, as we see inside the body we write our PHP codes. These codes are started with <?php and end with ?>, these tags are known as basic PHP tags. Our PHP codes are always written under these interfaces. In our above example as we see inside this basic structure of PHP.
- We first enter a date in our DateTime function. At last of this program, the date is converted to a timestamp. After this, we store the date inside a variable and format that with help of format function syntax. You can see the codes and syntax above for a better understanding.
- At last, the timestamp will be generated and will show with help of echo in PHP.
At last, in conclusion, here we can say that with the help of this article we can understand the date to the timestamp in PHP.
I hope this tutorial on date to timestamp PHP helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.