Last Updated : Jan 1, 2023
Here defined some of them ‘join(), toString and concat()’ methods with example code.
Those methods result appends to html elements when we executes will get some idea about each of them purpose in detail.
Here we defined three types of methods. In first example we used join() function with ‘@’ symbol, so array ‘fruits1’ values will join each one with @ symbol then result appends to ‘p’ tag using id ‘exm2’.
The second example defined with ‘toString()’ method, it will used to change array value to string format.
Then third example we defined with concat() method so it will concatenates array ‘fruits2’ value with array ‘fruits1’ value then result stored to array ‘mymerarr’.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Array Methods</title> </head> <body> <script> const fruits1=["apple","mango","orange"]; const fruits2=["apple","mango","orange"]; const mymerzrr=fruits2.concat(fruits1); document.getElementById("exm2").innerHTML=fruits1.join('@'); document.getElementById("exm1").innerHTML=fruits1.toString(); document.getElementById("exm3").innerHTML=mymerzrr.toString(); </script> <p id="exm1"></p> <p id="exm2"></p> <p id="exm3"></p> </body> </html>
- <!DOCTYPE html> tag which is instruct the web browser about what version of HTML file written in and it’s not have any ending tag.
- The<html> tag is used to indicate the beginning of HTML document.
- As above shown <head> tag is contains information about webpage and external file links are declared here. <title> tag is used for set the webpage title.
- Both <head> and <title> tags having their pair end tag, so we need to close the ending tags respectively. If you’re not closed anyone of ending tag properly that is also affect the webpage result.
- <body> tag is beginning of main coding part because it contain coding of entire website blocks and elements described here.
- We defined three <p> tags for appends array method result on the webpage using id ‘exm1,exm2,exm3’ values.
- Within <script> tag we defined two arrays ‘fruit1,fruit2’ with respective array values as ‘["apple","mango","orange"] and ["apple","mango","orange"]’.
- The array variable ‘mymerarr’ created for holds result of fruits2 array values merged with array fruits1 values. Then array ‘fruits1’ values attached together using ‘@’ symbol by join() method and result appends to p tag with id ‘exm2’.
- After that array ‘fruits1’ values converted as string values and result appends to p tag with id ‘exm1’. Finally concatenated array ‘mymerarr’ value result appends to p tag with id ‘exm3’.
- Both </body>,</html> tags closed respectively. </body> tag indicates the end of body, Then </html> tag indicates the end of HTML document.
If you needs to use same concept with different array values means we can modify the defined values and execute you will get the result.
Try to practice everything then only we can identify where we have to approach them.
Already we seen array had many methods so we will see about each of them later.