301 Redirect WordPress Without Plugin
Last Updated : Apr 11, 2023
IN - WordPress
In this article we will show you the solution of 301 redirect WordPress without plugin, a 301 redirect would then automatically take a visitor to the newly moved page if they arrive at their website via an out-of-date link to the old page, preventing a 404 "page not yet found" error.
Along with enhancing customer experience, this will help you rank higher for their keyword phrases.
Aside from 301, 302, and 307 redirects, there are many other types of redirects.
If a page is missing, web browsers will automatically be redirected to an alternative URL.
301 redirects are utilized to direct visitors to a new page when your website moves.
Step By Step Guide On 301 Redirect WordPress Without Plugin :-
- The simplest method to manage and produce 301 redirects is using the WordPress plugin All for One SEO (AIOSEO).Around 2 million professionals use it to improve the search engine results of their WordPress sites.
- Because of a remarkably potent redirection manager addon, AIOSEO makes it easy to find broken links on their website and create 301 redirects.
- Your website must first have an AIOSEO Pro plugin installed and configured.
- In your WordPress dashboard, under Any and all for One SEO » Redirects, after you've activated the plugin, click the "Activate Redirects" button.
- Select PHP also as a Redirect Method besides clicking a "Settings" tab.
- This is the most fundamental way to create redirects, so it requires no server-side configuration.
- AIOSEO also provides a Server-Side Redirect option. However, you must first install Apache or NGINX on your web server. As it requires technical knowledge, this is not suggested for beginners.
- The establishment of 301 redirects
- The 301 redirection process is now complete. To begin, select the 'Redirect' tab.
- First, enter a source URL for such page users want to redirect. After this is complete, the Target URL must be modified to reflect the updated link destination.
- Ascertain that the redirect type is 301 Moved Permanently before clicking "Add Redirect."
- By clicking a "Add URL" button adjacent to a Source URLs field, users could indeed reroute multiple Hyperlinks to various addresses.
- Viewing your created redirect logs is the following action after scrolling down. By turning on or off the toggle switch under the "Hits" column, you can enable or disable 301 redirects.
- Under the Settings tab, in the Redirect Logs section, is the "Redirect Logs" option. After you've enabled these options, go ahead and enable '404 Logs' and 'Redirect Logs.'
- The duration of time the logs must be kept can also be specified. If you only keep the servers for a month, their performance will be quick and seamless.
- When you have these options enabled, make sure to click a "Save Changes" button.
- There should now be a 404 Logs tab in the Redirects section. Here, AIOSEO will monitor your broken links, display them, and give you the option to set up redirects. Under "Hits," you can also view the last access date and time as well as the number of times the link has been visited.
As a result, we have successfully learned how to redirect 301 wordpress without plugin.
Redirection keeps visitors from receiving a 404 error when a user visits a page that isn't accessible on your website.
When a visitor's desired page has been relocated or replaced, WordPress employs a redirect to send them to a new address.
I hope this article on 301 redirect WordPress without plugin helps you and the steps and method mentioned above are easy to follow and implement.